Monday, July 15, 2013

A Year in the Life (in 1000 words or less)

Obviously, the blogging twice a week thing did not work out for me, but I think I may be sliding in just under the wire on blogging  twice a year!

It's not that I haven't had anything to blog about.   Hmmm.  Let's see......I've been ticked off by the cable company, phone company, yard people, dry cleaners, sales people, telemarketing people, Tim, assorted other family members, friends, strangers, pretty much anyone living, a few that are dead and some that are currently living, but that if they keep annoying me will soon be dead.  The usual stuff I blog about since it is cheaper than a good psychiatrist and less time consuming than finding one on YELP!

I've travelled a bit.... Paris and Africa most notably, though I'm sure if I really think about it, I can come up with some bizarre things that have happened to me going no further than down the street.  A trip to the drugstore can quickly go from a stroll through Mr. Roger's Neighborhood to Nightmare on Elm Street in the blink of an eye for me.

I've also been busy having cancer this year.  This is sure to generate a lot of blogs, as most of the things about this disease have and continue to really tick me off.  I have a whole new set of people in my life who keep trying to tell me what to do that I need to blog about or I will have to rip off their arms and beat them to death with them (oddly, cancer has not really made me less violent).  At least since they are doctors, they can sew their own arms back on and keep poking at me like I am some giant science experiment (which I kind of am since I have had totally strange reactions to pretty much every drug they have pumped into me.  Go figure--bad reactions to toxic substances.  Hmmmm.  So there are people who have good reactions to poison?)

Anyway,  I now have plenty of fodder for my blog, and lots of stored-up angst, so the twice a week thing should work out just fine as therapy.


No comments: